ANGUS COASTAL ULTRA
Angus Coastal 2021: Final Information
Thank you for entering the Angus Coastal Ultra, we appreciate your support in choosing our event.
Ben & Nic
You should find all the pre-race information you need here but do feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions although don’t leave them till the last minute as we will get busy with set up.
Changes or Withdrawals
We are no longer able to process changes or withdrawals as per our terms and conditions which can be viewed here: http://weerunevents.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
All of our marshals and helpers are volunteers so please give them a smile and a wave when you see them.
ESSENTIAL KIT LIST
- Head torch (can be left at CP4 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which MUST be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your route notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended which can be viewed here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RK2FH0661gQEycAFrb5couyD4FE&usp=sharing
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
- You may wish to leave road shoes at CP4 as approx. 50% of leg 5 is on tarmac (not trail)
The 1-Day Ultra and Relay Start
The 2-Day Ultra and Relay Start
You can choose whether you wear your timing chip on your ankle or wrist but it must be scanned at each Check Point and the Finish
Your GPS tracker will need to be turned on at the start and remain ON for the duration of the race, this is part of our safety system and the coastguard team will also have access to the data. It is best if the GPS tracker is carried at the top of your rucksack as it ‘talks’ to things in the sky.
You must return your timing devices at the finish (even if you retire) if you take them away or lose them you will be charged the replacement costs (Lost chip cost: £10, lost GPS cost £100).
The link for the GPS tracking will be shared in the week before the race via email and on the Angus Coastal Ultra and Wee Run Events Facebook page.
Bus to start
- DO NOT LITTER - take it home with you or put it in bins at the Check Points
- Close all Gates behind you even if you find it open. (If it is marshalled you will not have to do so)
- We share the trails and paths with others so if you are in a group make sure you leave room for other users
- Some fields may have farms animals please be considerate. The landowners know we are coming and larger livestock should be out of the way.
- If you retire from the race please go to the nearest road so we can make arrangements to pick you up if required. You must return timing chips to the finish and let us know that you have retired.
- Please do not wear headphones on the road sections so that you can hear vehicles approaching